SANTA CLARA CITY SWISS DAYS PARADE ENTRY REQUIREMENT, RULES, POLICIES & PROCEDURES
1. Every entry and participant must be covered by adequate liability insurance. Neither Santa Clara City, the Santa Clara Historical Society, or Swiss Days organizers provides insurance for parade participants.
2. Entry numbers will be emailed—you are responsible to print out your number. Entries must be in their respec- tive places at 8:30 a.m. for staging. If 10 or more persons riding on a float, those riders should be on the float prior to turning onto Chapel Street for staging. All entries will be positioned in the parade lineup at the discretion of the Santa Clara Swiss Days Parade Committee. Map with directions to the event—see back of Parade Entrant Letter.
3. All participants and entries will maintain consistent spacing between entries and not stop or hinder the pace of the parade. Large gaps between entries are unacceptable and diminish spectator’s enjoyment of the Parade. Entry participants should expect to be asked by Parade Officials and Police Officers to speed-up, slow-down or perform to enhance the flow of the parade and for its effective management and operation. If performing must be forward mo- tion-no stopping to perform.
4. Age Limit for Throwing Candy - Children under the age of 8 need adult supervision if throwing candy. Supervising adult must ensure candy is thrown well away from parade vehicle/float.
5. All participants walking or escorting a parade entry must be at least 13 years-of-age, unless accompanied by an adult. Each entry should have an adult escort on both sides of entry to help ensure safe passage along the parade route. Walk- ing adults, children, and/or animals must keep pace of parade: See #3
6. Parade entries shall be limited to 60 in number, plus city entries, or such amount as determined by the Swiss Days Committee. Any parade entry/application that the Santa Clara Swiss Days Parade Committee deems inappropriate to or inconsistent with the purpose of the parade, or non-compliant with parade rules, policies and procedures, may be denied approval as an entry or removed as an entry in the parade. The Santa Clara Swiss Days Committee reserves the right
to deny any parade application entry.
7. Entry deadline 10 days prior to parade date — NO EXCEPTIONS
8. Maximum length of a parade entry is 65’ (includes entries with multiple vehicles and/or people/animals that are walking). Maximum width 15’.
9. All parade entries will conduct themselves and operate vehicles and parade apparatus in a safe manner at all times. No wheelies, high-speeds, or sudden accelerations. Any entry not compliant with this rule can be re- moved from parade by parade officials, or police officers.
Entrant and participants hereby release and discharge the Santa Clara Swiss Days Parade Committee, Santa Clara Swiss Days Committee, and the Santa Clara City Historical Society, including their agents, employees, representatives, officers, stockholders, and directors of and from all claims, demands, dam- ages, liabilities, obligations, costs, expenses, actions, and causes of actions of every kind, based upon any matter, cause, fact, act or omission related to their application for and participation in the parade.
Signing of this form indicates that the applicant and its participants will comply with all rules, policies and regulations established for the parade. Signing also releases any photography rights for photo- graphs and/or video taken of parade entries to be used in future Santa Clara City and/or Santa Clara Swiss Days promotional materials.