May 2018 Newsletter
May Events & Updates
- SPRING BURN WINDOWThe 2018 Spring Burn Window is open thru May 30. Always call Burn Control at 627-4949 the day you plan to burn. There is also a link for Burn Control on the city website at www.sccity.org. Click on the Public Safety drop down bar and select Fire Dept. and then Burn Window, you will then see a link for a Burn Permit. Burn days depend on weather conditions & clearing index. Fires must be attended to until completely extinguished. Make sure you have a hose or other extinguishing equipment at the burn site. Burn-ing must take place during day-light hours only.
- JUNE CLEAN UP DUMPSTERSClean up dumpsters will be available June 8 and 9 to aid in residential clean up; there will be 3 dumpsters at the Little League Parking Lot and 1 at Town Hall. As always we ask that no trash is left on the ground before dumpsters arrive or after they have been removed. If you have large items that need disposed of please call Republic Services at 628-2821 to schedule a special pick up. These dumpsters are not for disposal of any hazardous waste or chemicals, paint, pesticides, batteries or tires and not for construction site waste. Reminder and more information in the June newsletter.
- WCWCD FREE WATER CHECKSFree water system checks will be available by the Washington County Water Conservancy District between May 15-Sep 30. The water check gives you a customized irrigation schedule, identifies your soil type, and suggests ways to efficiently water your landscape. The program helps you to have an attractive landscape while saving water, that’s good for our water supply and your water bill! To request a free water check please call 673-3617. Visit the WCWCD website for more information: http://www.wcwcd.org/
- BLUE STAKES OF UTAHIf you have a Spring yard project that requires any significant digging you will want to be sure to call Blue Stakes of Utah at least 48 business hours before you begin digging. This will allow time for utility providers to be notified to come locate and mark the utility lines on your property before digging begins. Be safe, call Blue Stakes first at 811 or 800-662-4111. And good luck tackling those yard projects!
- H.E.A.T. PROGRAMThe Home Energy Assistance Target Program accepts applications to assist eligible households in need of help paying their home heating bills. This federally funded program is administered by the State of Utah. Payment amounts are based on income, energy use, and at-risk groups in the household. Residents who wish to apply for assistance should call 435-652-9643 to schedule an appointment. The H.E.A.T. office is located at 168 N. 100 E. Ste. 255, St. George, UT 84770.
- MAY 2018 CEMETERY CLEAN UPThe Spring cemetery clean up will begin Monday May 7th. All flowers, decorations, shepherds hooks, and other ornaments need to be removed from the cemetery before May 7. Remaining flowers and decorations will be re-moved by city personnel, with the exception of fresh burials. Flowers and decorations can be returned to the cemetery on Friday May 11th. The spring clean up ensures the cemetery will be clean and beautiful for May Mother’s Day and Memorial Day remembrances.
- ENJOY SPRINGTIME SHOPPING & DINING LOCALLY!Springtime in Santa Clara is the perfect time to walk, shop and dine at home in Santa Clara. Our local merchants look forward to welcoming you to their shops and restaurants. They offer many goods and services including furniture, home & yard décor, fabrics & quilting classes, yarns & knitting classes, pet care & supplies, unique gift items, baked goods, delicious eateries and much more. Don’t forget Frei’s Fruit market opens Memorial weekend.
Santa Clara businesses provide many other services including our beautiful Harmons store, east entrance convenience stores, dental care, eye care, pharmacy services, auto repair, auto sales, yoga, salon services, barbershop, banking and more. Supporting our hometown businesses is important to our local economy and helps our local businesses grow and thrive.
- SAMUEL R KNIGHT SANTA CLARA HISTORY MUSEUM HOURS:Monday Evening: 5:30-7:30 PM
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 1:00—4:00 PM
By appointment call: 435.897.5297 & leave a message or call
Sherri at 435.632.7040 or Vicki at 435.668.8119
The museum located in the Town Hall basement.
- Follow the Santa Clara Royalty on Instagram: @santaclaracityroyaltyFollow and learn more about the 2018 royalty and where and how they will be representing our city in the upcoming months.