January 2018 Mayor’s Message
- Princess Scholarship PageantThe Santa Clara Princess Scholarship Pageant will be held March 10, 2018. Packets can be picked up at the Santa Clara Town Hall Administration office or printed online at www.sccity.org. Applicants will want to start thinking about the community service portion of their application. The Opening Meeting will be held on January 22, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Banquet Room. The application deadline is January 24, 2018. For questions please call the City Office at 435-673-6712 EXT 201.
- New Business: Class Act Consignments!
Looking for a special piece of furniture? Or do you need a little help decluttering? Whether it is one piece or an entire house – we are here to help! We are very excit-ed about becoming a part of this community!
We are a consignment store that offers like new, gently used furniture ,accessories and home decorating items. We offer free pick up for our local seniors.
We are located in the old Frei home, right at the entrance to historic Santa Clara. Our hours of operation are: Monday – Saturday 9:30am – 5:30pm.
Phone #: 435-218-3835.
We offer handicap parking in front of our store and we have ample parking at our main entrance located in the rear of the building.
We are receiving new items daily, so come in often for the best selection!
- 2018 Dog License & Vaccination ClinicSanta Clara will hold its annual dog license/vaccination clinic on Saturday February 3, 2018. The clinic will be held at the Old Fire Station at 2775 Circle Drive. Clinic hours are 8:30 am-12:00 pm.
Dog License Fees are as follows:
1st Dog Fixed: $10.00 Not Fixed: $20.00
2nd Dog Fixed: $12.00 Not Fixed: $22.00
Vaccination fees are determined by the veterinarian administering the shots. The City dog tag and rabies vaccination tag should be on a collar on your dog at all times. City ordinance requires your dogs to licensed annually and current on their rabies vaccination. This is important for the health and safety of your dog, as well as the people and other animals your dog interacts with.
2018 City dog tags are available at the city office now if you would like to license before the clinic.
- 2018 Dixie Regional Transportation ExpoThe 14th annual Dixie Regional Transportation Expo will be held on February 13, 2018 from 10:00 am—6:00 pm in the Dixie Center Ball-room. Admission is free. Attending the Expo is a great way to become better informed on current and future transportation projects and to have a voice in regional transportation planning.
- Hunter Safety Education ClassHunter Safety Education Class will be taught by Craig Mangus on Wednesday January 17, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Banquet Room—2603 Santa Clara Drive. The shooting portion of the class will be Sat. Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. Students will need to pre-register via email at email@example.com. Reg-ister early to study at your own pace.
- Crack Sealing StreetsThe Public Works Department will be crack sealing city streets over the next few months. To be effec-tive, it is necessary to blow debris from the street be-fore the crack sealing process is started. At the end of each work day the crew will come back and clean the debris away from sidewalks and driveways. If you see Public Services doing sealing on your street please move your vehicles off the street to help ex-pedite the crack sealing work. Thank you for your patience and courtesy during these street repairs.
- 2018 Clean Up Dumpster Schedule2018 quarterly clean up dumpsters are scheduled for March 9-10, June 8-9, September 7-8, and December 7-8, 2018. There will be 3 dumpsters at the Little League Parking Lot and 1 at Town Hall. Please do not leave trash on the ground before the dumpsters arrive or after they have been removed. These dumpsters are not for disposal of paint, batteries, tires, appliances, furniture, hazardous waste items such as pesticides or other chemicals, and not for construction site waste. Call Republic Services at 628-2821 to schedule special pick up of large or bulky items. For hazardous waste disposal call 674-7623. The St. George Reuse Center, located at 575 E. Brigham Rd, accepts re-moved vegetation for mulching and will accept your discarded Christmas trees for mulching as well; their phone # is 627-4028. You can also call Republic Services to pick up your Christmas trees after the holiday.
- 2018 Little League Registration NoticeLittle League registration is happening earlier this year! Registration starts January 15 and will run thru February 15, 2018. You can register at www.snowcanyonlittle league.com. For baseball questions call Spence Beck at 435-817-7062. For softball questions call Sue Gates at 435-229-6463.
- 2018 Business License Renewals2018 business license renewals are due no later than Jan 31. Make sure to provide your Utah State Department of Commerce registration, current EIN #, Sales Tax ID#, and a copy of any specific state is-sued licenses required for your business, such as those for contractors, salons, child care, pest control, massage therapy, etc. Daycare and preschools must be current on Fire Safety inspections which can be scheduled by calling 619-3927. Making sure the above information is included with your renewal form will help expedite your renewal. For business licensing questions please call 435-673-6712 EXT 201.
- 2018 Cemetery Clean Up DatesThere are three regularly scheduled cemetery clean up dates each year. They begin on the first Monday of February, May and November.
The first 2018 cemetery clean up will begin Monday February 5, 2017. All flowers and decorations of any kind should to be removed from the cemetery before Feb. 5th. Remaining flowers and decorations will be removed and disposed of by city personnel, with the exception of fresh burials.
The next two clean ups will begin on Monday May 7 and Monday November 5. Thank you for your help and cooperation during these clean up dates.