FEBRUARY 2018 MAYOR’S MESSAGE
March Events & Updates
- Princess Scholarship PageantThe Santa Clara Princess Pageant has been rescheduled and will be held April 14, 2018. Packets can be picked up at the Santa Clara Town Hall Administration Office or printed online at www.sccity.org. Applicants will want to start thinking about the community service portion of their application. The Opening Meeting for contestants and their parents will be held on February 26 at 7:00 pm in the Town Hall Banquet Room. We have revamped the princess pageant with more scholarship opportunities. The application and application fee deadline is by the first workshop, which is on March 5. If you’re interested in volunteering or have questions please call the City Office at 435-673-6712 EXT 201. OR email the pageant director at email@example.com
- New Business: Class Act Consignments!Two new businesses have recently opened in the Town Square area. O’Gallagher’s Exclusive Barbering at 2307 Santa Clara Dr. offers barbering services and retail sales. Finders Keepers New & Resell at 2299 Santa Clara Dr. C1 is located where Trenzy Boutique use to be and offers similar merchandise-clothing & accessories. We hope you will visit these new shops as well as other businesses in Town Square, along Santa Clara Drive and through out the city. We have a great variety of businesses offering many goods and services local-ly. By supporting our local business we are helping their businesses to grow and increasing local sales tax revenue.
- 2018 Dog License & Vaccination ClinicSanta Clara will hold its annual dog license/vaccination clinic on Saturday February 3, 2018. The clinic will be held at the Old Fire Station at 2775 Circle Drive. Clinic hours are 8:30 am-12:00 pm.
Dog License Fees are as follows:
1st Dog Fixed: $10.00 Not Fixed: $20.00
2nd Dog Fixed: $12.00 Not Fixed: $22.00
Vaccination fees are determined by the veterinarian administering the shots. The City dog tag and rabies vaccination tag should be on a collar on your dog at all times. City ordinance requires your dogs to licensed annually and current on their rabies vaccination. This is important for the health and safety of your dog, as well as the people and other animals your dog interacts with.
2018 City dog tags are available at the city office now if you would like to license before the clinic.
- Crack Sealing StreetsThe Public Works Department will be crack sealing city streets over the next few months. To be effec-tive, it is necessary to blow debris from the street be-fore the crack sealing process is started. At the end of each work day the crew will come back and clean the debris away from sidewalks and driveways. If you see Public Services doing sealing on your street please move your vehicles off the street to help ex-pedite the crack sealing work. Thank you for your patience and courtesy during these street repairs.
- Cemetery Clean UpThe first 2018 cemetery clean up will begin on Monday February 5, 2017. All flowers and decora-tions of any kind should to be removed from the cemetery before Monday Feb. 5th. Remaining flowers and decorations will be removed and dis-posed of by city personnel, with the exception of fresh burials. Flowers and decorations may be re-turned to the cemetery on Friday February 9, 2018.
The next two cemetery clean ups begin on Mon-day May 7 and Monday November 5. Thank you for your help and cooperation during these clean up dates. For more information contact the Parks Department at 435-656-4690 EXT 219 or 221.
- 2018 Dixie Regional Transportation ExpoThe 14th annual Dixie Regional Transportation Expo will be held on February 13, 2018 from 10:00 am—6:00 pm in the Dixie Center Ball-room. Admission is free. Attending the Expo is a great way to become better informed on current and future transportation projects and to have a voice in regional transportation planning.
- 2018 Little League Registration NoticeLittle League registration is happening earlier this year! Registration starts January 15 and will run thru February 15, 2018. You can register at www.snowcanyonlittle league.com. For baseball questions call Spence Beck at 435-817-7062. For softball questions call Sue Gates at 435-229-6463.
- 2018 Business License Renewals2018 business license renewals are due no later than Jan 31. Make sure to provide your Utah State Department of Commerce registration, current EIN #, Sales Tax ID#, and a copy of any specific state is-sued licenses required for your business, such as those for contractors, salons, child care, pest control, massage therapy, etc. Daycare and preschools must be current on Fire Safety inspections which can be scheduled by calling 619-3927. Making sure the above information is included with your renewal form will help expedite your renewal. For business licensing questions please call 435-673-6712 EXT 201.
- 2018 Clean Up Dumpster ScheduleMARCH CLEAN UP DUMPSTERS will be available March 9 & 10, 2018. There will be 4 dumpsters at the parking lot near the Canyon View Park tennis courts and Spence Gunn Ballfield. There will be no dumpsters at Town Hall for this clean up due to the True Grit Bicycle Race that will be utilizing the entire parking lot on March 10. As always, we request that you do not leave trash on the ground before the dumpsters arrive or after they are removed. These dumpsters are not for disposal of paint, batteries, tires, appliances, furniture, hazardous waste items such as pesticides or other chemicals, and not for construction site waste. Call Republic Services at 628-2821 to schedule special pick up of large or bulky items. For hazardous waste disposal call 674-7623. The St. George Reuse Center, located at 575 E. Brigham Rd, accepts removed vegetation for mulching.
- HEAT PROGRAMThe Home Energy Assistance Tar-get Program accepts applications to assist eligible house-holds in need of help paying their home heating bills. This federally funded program is administered by the State of Utah. Payment amounts are based on income, energy use, and at-risk groups in the household. Residents who wish to apply for assistance should call 435-652-9643 to schedule an appointment. The H.E.A.T. office is located at 168 N. 100 E. Ste. 255, St. George, UT 84770.