APRIL 2018 MAYOR’S MESSAGE
- Princess Scholarship PageantWe are pleased to announce the 2018 Miss Santa Clara Scholarship Pageant. We are extremely fortunate to be holding this year’s pageant at the Kayenta Performing Arts Center. Please join us April 14, 2018 at 7:00 pm to support all the amazing girls who have entered to participate. If you’re interested in volunteering or have questions please call the City Office at 435-673-6712 EXT 201. OR email the pageant director at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook at Santa Clara City Royalty.
- Spring Burn WindowThe 2018 Spring Burn Window is open March 1 – May 30. Always call Burn Control at 627-4949 the day you plan to burn. There is also a link for Burn Control on the city website at www.sccity.org. Click on the Public Safety drop down bar and select Fire Dept. and then Burn Window, you will then see a link for a Burn Permit. Burn days depend on weather conditions & clearing index. Fires must be attended to until completely extinguished. Make sure you have a hose or other extinguishing equipment at the burn site. Burning must take place during daylight hours only.
- May 2018 Cemetery Clean UpThe Spring cemetery clean up will begin Monday May 7th. All flowers, decorations, shepherds hooks, and other ornaments need to be removed from the cemetery before May 7. Remaining flowers and decorations will be removed by city personnel, with the exception of fresh burials. Flowers and decorations can be returned to the cemetery on Friday May 11th. The spring clean up ensures the cemetery will be clean and beautiful for May Mother’s Day and Memorial Day remembrances.
- Kiwanis Easter Egg HuntThe annual Kiwanis Easter Egg Hunt will be held on Saturday March 31, 2018 on the Spence Gunn Field at Can-yon View Park. The Easter Egg Hunt starts at 9:00 AM and is for children up to 8 years of age—the children are divided into age groups. Plan to bring your children to the park for this traditional Spring event full of fun, candy and prizes for the kids!
- Blue Stakes of UtahWith Spring upon us many of you are tackling those yard projects that have been looming over the winter. If your project requires any significant digging you will want to be sure to call Blue Stakes of Utah at least 48 business hours before you begin digging. This will allow time for utility providers to be notified to come locate and mark the utility lines on your property before digging begins. Be safe, call Blue Stakes first at 800-662-4111. And good luck tackling those yard projects!
- Washington County Fair Seed DisplaySanta Clara City has been fortunate to have wonderful volunteers create our community seed display for the county fair in recent years, however they are ready to pass the torch on this year! We are reaching out to the community in hopes that there are some new individuals, groups or businesses that might be interested in taking on the seed dis-play project to represent Santa Clara City at this year’s county fair. The fair dates are August 8-11, 2018 and this year’s fair theme is “Pirates of the Fairibbean”! The dis-plays are always one of the fun attractions at the fair and a special way to let others know about our community. If you are not familiar with what a seed display is you can visit the Town Hall building and see several past entries on display. To learn more you can also contact the county fair coordinator for the community displays: Pam Gubler at 435-668-4838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website at washcofair.net/
If you are interested in volunteering please call the city office at 673-6712 Ext 201. We hope there are some creative volunteers out there that will heed the call!
- WCSW Household Hazardous Waste Collection DayThe Washington County Solid Waste District will hold a House-hold Hazardous Waste Collection Day at the County Landfill on Saturday April 7, 2018 from 8 am-1 pm. Cost: Free for County residents dropping off household hazardous waste materials; there is a charge for tires. (Please call about commercial charg-es; 673-2813). Chemical products in your home are considered hazardous waste once they are no longer in use or are past expiration dates and may become more apt to ignitability and toxicity. Materials accepted include aerosol cans, car batteries, fluorescent light bulbs, fuel, herbicides, pesticides, paint and paint supplies, medical waste, oil, and propane. The Washing-ton County Landfill is located at 330 North Landfill Road in Washington, UT. If you would like to be on an email list to be notified of the collection date please send an email to email@example.com or see their website at wcsw.org. This is a great opportunity to clean out and get rid of those leftover, expired and no longer used chemical products in your home.
- 2018-2019 Kindergarten RegistrationSanta Clara and Arrowhead Elementary Schools will be holding Kindergarten Registration on Wednesday March 28 and Wednesday April 4, 2018 from 9:30—11:00am and 1:00—3:00pm both days. You will need to bring your child’s birth certificate and immunization records. For more information contact Santa Clara Elementary at 628-2624 and Arrowhead Elementary at 674-2027. Santa Clara Elementary is accepting applications for the 1st grade Chinese Dual Immersion Program for the 2018-2019 school year-call 628-2624.
- 2018-2019 Lava Ridge Intermediate School RegistrationIf you have a student that will be attending Lava Ridge Intermediate School next year you will need to contact the school office at 435-625-4247 for registration information.