NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday September 25, 2019
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 25th Day of September 2019, in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order:
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Ben Shakespeare
– Opening Comments: Ben Shakespeare
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
B. Consent Agenda:
C. General Business:
1. Consider approval for a Single Event Beer Permit. Presented by Cimarron Chacon – Zion Brewing.
2. Introduction of new Fire Fighter Recruits. Presented by Randy Hancey, Fire Chief.
3. Consider request to amend the Final Plat for Ocotillo Springs Ph.2 with 25 townhome units located south of North Town Road and East of 400 East Street on 4.93 acres. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
4. Consider approval of Zone Change request from R-1-10 to Planned Development Commercial Zone on 1.0 acres, located at 2600 Santa Clara Dr. (across from Town Hall), Applicant City of Santa Clara. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
5. Consider amending the Santa Clara City Code, Title 17, Chapter 17.44.130; Temporary or Short-Term Signs and approve Ordinance 2019-13. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
6. Swiss Pioneer Memorial Park Engineers Estimate discussion. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks Director.
a. Mayor / Council Reports
7. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– August 27, 2019 City Council Special Meeting Minutes
– August 28, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting Minutes
– September 4, 2019 City Council Work Meeting Minutes
– September 9, 2019 City Council Special Meeting Minutes
– Claims through September 25, 2019
8. Calendar of Events
– September 26-28, 2019 Swiss Days
– October 2, 2019 City Council Work Meeting
– October 9, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
– October 23, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
– October 24, 2019 Election Forum 6:00 pm
9. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 19th day of September 2019 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2019 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 10, 2019.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder