NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday May 22, 2019
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 22nd Day of May 2019, in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order:
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Jarett Waite
– Opening Comments: Jarett Waite
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
1. Public Hearing to discuss and receive public input on the adoption of the tentative Operating
and Capital Budgets for FY2019-2020.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Appoint Brock Jacobsen Interim City Manager.
C. General Business:
1. Presentation of the 2018 TAP Award. By Brent Oakeson, Utah Local Government Trust.
2. Consider MOU Agreement between Southwest Behavioral Health Center & Santa Clara City approving $2,280 (per state fiscal year-based on a population estimate of $0.38 per
person) to establish formal partnership with Santa Clara City and Southwest Behavioral Health Center in addressing prevention of behavioral health issues in Washington Co, UT. Presented by Logan Reid, Director of Prevention & Education Services.
3. Consider amending the Parks Fee Schedule and approve Resolution 2019-09R. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trails Director.
4. Consider request for Zone Change from R-1-10 to Historic District/ Mixed Use Zone on 0.48 acre located at 2728 Santa Clara Drive and approve Ordinance 2019-06. Applicant: Ryan Anderson. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
5. Consider approval for a requested Planned Development Residential Zone Amendment for a proposed townhome development located east of Rachel Drive (east of Lava Ridge Intermediate School) and north of Harmons Store on 17.18 acres and approve Ordinance 2019-05, also included in the Request is a Density Bonus approval to allow an overall density of 10.7 units per acre (185 dwelling units on 17.18 acres) D R Horton. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
6. Consider preliminary and final plat for Little Lava Subdivision with 6 lots, located on the west side of Lava Cove Drive, on the south side of Pioneer Parkway. Also consider a request for a Conditional Permit to allow for short-term rentals of the 6 homes in the proposed subdivision. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
7. Consider approval for Resolution 2019-10R of intent to adjust the common boundary with Ivins City by transferring 6.05 acres to Ivins City, the property being generally located in the northeast corner of Santa Clara City. Split Rock Inc. applicant, Black Desert Resort Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
8. Consider approval of Interlocal Agreement between Santa Clara City and Ivins City to share use and cost of Kobelco Excavator, Trailer and Asphalt Layer. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
A. Mayor / Council Reports
7. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– April 30, 2019 City Council Executive Session Minutes
– May 8, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting Minutes
– May 15, 2019 City Council Work Meeting Minutes
– Claims through May 22, 2019
8. Calendar of Events
– May 27, 2019 Memorial Day – Offices Closed
– June 5, 2019 City Council Work Meeting Cancelled
– June 12, 2019 Regular City Council Meeting
– June 26, 2019 Regular City Council Meeting
9. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 16th day of May 2019 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2019 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 10, 2019.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder