NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday March 27, 2019
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 27th Day of March 2019, in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order:
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Herb Basso
– Opening Comments: Herb Basso
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
1. PUBLIC HEARING REGARDING THE ISSUANCE AND SALE OF NOT MORE THAN $3,500,000 AGGREGATE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF SALES TAX REVENUE BONDS, SERIES 2019 AND ANY POTENTIAL ECONOMIC IMPACT THAT THE PROJECT TO BE FINANCED WITH THE PROCEEDS OF THAT PORTION OF THE BONDS ISSUED UNDER THE ACT MAY HAVE ON THE PRIVATE SECTOR AND RELATED MATTERS
2. PUBLIC HEARING TO RECEIVE PUBLIC INPUT REGARDING A REQUEST FOR A
BOUNDARY LINE ADJUSTMENT FROM MR. SCOTT KELLER BY ADDING 23.642
ACRES TO SANTA CLARA CITY’S BOUNDARY FROM ST. GEORGE IN THE AREA
WEST OF LAVA COVE DRIVE AND ON THE NORTH SIDE OF PIONEER
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Approve a Proclamation proclaiming May 2019 as Building Safety Month.
2. Approval of Sewer Line Agreement with Scott Keller.
3. Approve a Fire Department Donation of five old SCBAs and 24 Bottles to the
Pine Valley Fire Department.
4. Approve Mayor’s phone stipend increase to $45.00 a month.
5. Consider approval of Final Plats for Bella Sol at Santa Clara phases 7 and 8, located on the
east side of Rachel Drive and north of North Town Road.
6. Consider approval of Final Plat for Rhone subdivision with 24 lots in a R-1-10 zone, located
generally near Vernon Street and Old Farm Road, on the north side of the Santa Clara River.
7. Cancel the April 24, 2019 City Council Meeting.
C. General Business:
1. Santa Clara Royalty year-end report. By Princess Aleah Horton.
2. Consider request for a Boundary Line Adjustment from Mr. Scott Keller by adding 23.642 acres to Santa Clara City’s boundary from St. George in the area west of Lava Cove Drive and on the north side of Pioneer Parkway and Approve Ordinance 2019-02. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
a. Mayor / Council Reports
7. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– Feb.27, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting Minutes
– Feb. 27, 2019 MBA Board Meeting Minutes
– Mar.6, 2019 City Council Work Meeting Minutes
– Claims through Mar. 27, 2019
8. Calendar of Events
– April 3, 2019 City Council Work Meeting
– April 10, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
– April 21, 2019 Easter
– April 24, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting (Possibly Cancelled)
– April 24th – 26th League of Cities and Towns
9. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 21st day of Feb. 2019 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2019 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 10, 2019.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder