NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday February 27, 2019
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 27th Day of February 2019, in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order:
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Jarett Waite
– Opening Comments: Jarett Waite
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Approve Arbor Day Proclamation setting April 13, 2019 as Arbor Day.
2. Award Contract for Chapel St. Bridge to Interstate Rock.
* Enter into the Municipal Building Authority Meeting
* Reconvene into the Regular City Council Meeting.
C. General Business:
1. Consider approving Ordinance 2019-01 to amend Title 17, Chapter 17.74.040 Dimensional Requirements by deleting from section A, the end of the paragraph “Twenty Feet (20’)” and adding “two stories in height, up to twenty-eight feet (28’) maximum and by adding section J, Maximum size of Accessory Buildings: The maximum ground floor area of any accessory building shall not exceed one thousand (1,000) square feet, unless a larger building is approved by the City Council after considering the recommendations of the Heritage Commission and Planning Commission. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
2. Consider approval of a Preliminary Plat for a 4-lot Subdivision in an R-1-10 Zone on 1.02 acres, located at 2453 west Arrowhead Trail. (Applicant Curtis Anderson). Presented by
Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
3. Consider Adopting Resolution 2019-05R of The City of Santa Clara , Utah Authorizing and Approving the Execution and Delivery of Amendments to a Master Lease Agreement and a
Ground Lease Agreement each by and between The City and The Municipal Building Authority of the City of Santa Clara, Utah (The “Authority”); Authorizing the Issuance and
Sale by The Authority of its Lease Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2019, in the Aggregate Principal amount of not more than $3,100,000; and Related Matters. Presented by Brock
Jacobsen, Assistant City Manager.
4. Consider adopting Resolution 2019-06R of The City Council of The City of Santa Clara,
Utah, Authorizing the issuance and sale of not more than $3,500,000 Aggregate Principal
amount of Sales Tax Revenue Bonds, Series 2019; and Related Matters. Presented by Brock
Jacobsen, Assistant City Manager.
5. Financials. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, Assistant City Manager.
6. Recognize Corey Bundy for receiving his Master Code Certificate. Presented by Mayor
a. Mayor / Council Reports
7. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– Feb.13, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting Minutes
– Claims through Feb. 27, 2019
8. Calendar of Events
– Feb. 28, 2019 Budget Retreat 12:00 pm.
– Mar. 6, 2019 City Council Work Meeting
– Mar. 27, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
9. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 21st day of Feb. 2019 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2019 meeting schedule was also provided to the
Spectrum on January 10, 2019.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder