NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 14th day of August 2019 in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Tode Hafen
– Opening Comments: Tode Hafen
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
1. The purpose of the Public Hearing is to receive public input on the request to adjust the municipal boundary line with Ivins City for six acres at the most northern and eastern boundary of the City of Santa Clara. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
B. Consent Agenda
1. Consider Approval of Final Plat for Sycamores @ Santa Clara Ph. 1B. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
C. General Business
1. Consider approval of proposed Municipal Boundary Line Adjustment with Ivins City for Approximately 6 acres located in the northeast corner of Santa Clara City boundary and
adjacent to Ivins City and approve Ordinance 2019-12. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
2. Consider awarding the bid for the Santa Clara Tennis / Pickle Ball courts to Sport Court of Southern Utah for $102,690 to replace the existing Canyon View Park Tennis Courts. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trails Director.
3. Consider approval of the Preliminary Plat for Split Rock Subdivision; 185-unit townhome Development located east of Rachel Dr. (east of Lava Ridge Intermediate School) and north
of Harmons Store on 17.18 acres. D.R. Horton Homes, Applicant. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
4. Consider appointing Curtis Whitehead to the Planning Commission. Presented by Corey Bundy.
5. Recognition award for providing power to the Navajo Nation. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
6. Approve Purchase of 7-acre feet of water from the Santa Clara Field Canal Company. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
7. Consider approval of Ordinance 2019-10 adopting Secondary Water System Amendments. Presented by Matt Ence, City Attorney.
8.Consider approval of Ordinance 2019-11, establishing the Santa Clara City secondary water system, approving the dedication of existing system to the City, and determining applicable connection and service fee(s). Presented by Matt Ence, City Attorney.
a. Mayor /Council Reports
7. Approval of Claims and Minutes:
– July 10, 2019 City Council Meeting Minutes
– August 7, 2019 City Council Work Meeting Minutes
– Claims through August 14, 2019
8. Calendar of Events:
– Aug. 18-21, 2019 UAMPS Annual Meetings
– Aug. 28, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
– September 4, 2019 City Council Work Meeting
– September 11, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
– September 25, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
– September 26-28, 2019 Swiss Days
9. Executive Session:
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 8th day of August 2019 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2019 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 10, 2019.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder