NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, July 10, 2019
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 10th day of July 2019 in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1.Call to Order
– Pledge of Allegiance: Ben Shakespeare
– Opening Comments: Ben Shakespeare
3.Communications and Appearances:
4.Conflicts and Disclosures:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
1. Public Hearing to discuss the Santa Clara City Parks Capital Facilities & Impact Fee Analysis.
2. Public Hearing to discuss Abandoning a Surplus Right of Way on Arrowhead Trail. (Applicant, Landon Anderson)
B. Consent Agenda
1. Approve Resolution 2019-11R, Appointing the Election Judges and their Alternates to serve for the 2019 Municipal Elections. Presented by Chris Shelley, City Recorder.
C. General Business
1. Recognize retiring Planning Commission Chair, Curtis Jensen for 12 years of service. Presented by Mayor Pro-Tem, Mary Jo (Tode) Hafen.
2. REACH4HOPE Suicide Prevention Coalition Presentation. Presented by Teresa Willie.
3. Consider approval of the Santa Clara City Parks Capital Facilities & Impact Fee Analysis. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trail Director.
4. Consider approval of the Chapel Street Swiss Pioneer Memorial Park Plan. Presented by BradnHays, Parks & Trail Director.
5. Consider Approval to amend the Santa Clara City General Plan Land Use Map to allow for a proposed mix use, clustered housing project with 18-hole golf course, hotel, trails and open
space on 298 acres generally located west of the Entrada development, north of Pioneer Parkway and east of Red Mountain Drive. (Black Desert), and approve Ordinance 2019-08 Presented by Bob Nicholson, City
6. Consider petition for Arrowhead Trail Street Abandonment and approve Ordinance 2019-09 (Applicant, Landon Anderson) Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
7. Consider amending the City’s Street Improvement Policy to address improvements to streets outside of future subdivisions and approve Ordinance 2019-07. Presented by Matt Ence, City Attorney.
8. Consider approval of the Rhone Subdivision Development Agreement. Presented by Matt
Ence, City Attorney.
9. Discussion regarding the Public Safety Master Plan, Impact Fee Facilities Plan and Impact
Fee Analysis and award the Bid. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, Interim City Manager.
10. Discussion and update on the Rachel Drive Fire Station Remodel. Presented by Randy
Hancey, Fire Chief.
11.Consider approval of the Eaton Purchase Agreement-AMI Metering. Presented by Jack
Taylor, Public Works Director.
12.Consider Resolution 2019-13R approving Santa Clara City to take up to 3 megawatts in
2041from the Department of Energy with no capital costs, only maintenance and
decommissioning cost. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
13.Approve the City Manager contract with Brock Jacobsen. Presented by Mayor Rosenberg.
a. Mayor /Council Reports
7. Approval of Claims and Minutes:
– June 26, 2019 City Council Meeting Minutes
– June 26, 2019 City Council Executive Session Minutes
– Claims through July 10, 2019
8. Calendar of Events:
– July 24th Pioneer Day- City Offices Closed
– Aug. 7, 2019 City Council Work Meeting
– Aug. 14, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
– Aug. 18-21, 2019 UAMPS Annual Meetings
– Aug. 28, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
9. Exeutive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should
notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council
Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting.
The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara
City limits on this 3rd day of July 2019 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the
Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2019 meeting schedule was also provided to
the Spectrum on January 10, 2019.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder