NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday January 23, 2019
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 23rd Day of January 2019, in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order:
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Ben Shakespeare
– Opening Comments: Ben Shakespeare
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
1. Public Hearing to receive public input regarding a request for a Single Event Beer Permit (Applicant, Ryan Miller).
2. Public Hearing to receive public input regarding Santa Clara City moving towards Vote by Mail for future elections.
3. Public Hearing to receive public input regarding funding from the Utah Permanent Community Impact Fund Board (CIB) for the Chapel Street Bridge.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Request Approval of Final Plat for Ocotillo Springs Ph. 3 with 36 townhome units located south of North Town Road and east of 400 East Street on 2.48 acres.
2. Request approval of Martin Luther King Day (MLK) Resolution No. 2019-03.
3. Consider Funding from the Utah Permanent Community Impact Fund Board (CIB) for the
Chapel Street Bridge.
C. General Business:
1. Recognize Retiring Planning Commission Member Todd Jacobsen for 10 years of service. Presented by Mayor Rosenberg.
2. Consider approval for Single Event Beer Permit to coincide with the True Grit Epic Bike Race. (Applicant, Ryan Miller). Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trails Director and
Cimarron Chacon, True Grit Owner, Director.
3. Consider approval for remodel cost of $22,000 for Rosenlof home to prepare it for rental home.
4. Consider appointment of Planning Commission as Board of Appeals under International Building Code. Presented by Matt Ence, City Attorney.
a. Mayor / Council Reports
7. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– Jan. 9, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
– Claims through Jan. 23, 2019
8. Calendar of Events
– Feb. 6, 2019 City Council Work Meeting
– Feb. 13, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
– Feb. 18, 2019 President’s Day (Offices Closed)
– Feb. 27, 2019 City Council Regular Meeting
– Feb. 28, 2019 Budget Work Shop with Council & Staff (12-5pm.)
9. Executive Session
10. AdjournmentNote: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 17th day of Jan. 2019 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2019 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 10, 2019.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder