NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING Wednesday May 23, 2018
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 23rd Day of May 2018, in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order:
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Ben Shakespeare
– Opening Comments: Ben Shakespeare
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
1. Public Hearing to receive Public Input on the Operating Budget for FY 2018-19.
B. Consent Agenda
1. Cancel the June 13th Regular City Council Meeting. Presented by Chris Shelley, City Recorder.
2. Set June 6th and June 20th for City Council Special Meetings. Presented by Chris Shelley, City Recorder.
3. Approval of New Water Truck. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
C. General Business
1. Update on Water Year and upcoming projects. Ron Thompson, Water Conservancy District.
2. Republic Services Presentation. Reece DeMile.
3. CEC Presentation. Marcus Farnsworth.
4. Consider approval of Firework Restriction Areas. Presented by Dan Nelson, Fire Chief.
5. Consider Museum sign request. Presented by Corey Bundy, Building Official.
a. Mayor / Council Reports
7. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– May 9, 2018 City Council Regular Meeting
– Claims through May 23, 2018
8. Calendar of Events
– June 6, 2018 City Council Special Meeting
– June 6, 2018 City Council Work Meeting
– June 13, 2018 City Council Meeting Cancelled
– June 17, 2018 Father’s Day
– June 20, 2018 City Council Special Meeting
– June 27, 2018 Regular City Council Meeting
9. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 17th day of May 2018 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2018 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 5, 2018.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder