NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday April 25, 2018
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 25th Day of April 2018, in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order
2. Opening Ceremony
– Pledge of Allegiance: Herb Basso
– Opening Comments: Herb Basso
3. Communications and Appearances
4. Working Agenda
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
B. General Business
1. Presentation of Santa Clara City Royalty. Presented by Monica Bracken, Pageant Coordinator.
2. DECA Presentation. Presented by Hanna Noxon, DSU Student.
3. Introduce 2 New Police Officers. Presented by Bob Flowers, Police Chief.
4. Consider approval of RFP for Property Casualty Insurance for Santa Clara City. Presented by Edward Dickie, City Manager.
5. Consider Approval of salary range for the new Accountant III position. Presented by Edward Dickie, City Manager.
6. Consider Approval of $300 Donation to Enter Annual Police Kickball Tournament. Presented by Ed Dickie, City Manager.
7. Approve updated Purchasing Policy. Presented by Matt Ence, City Attorney.
8. Consider approval of public access easement from Vineyard Drive on property owned by the City – applicants Scott & Rebecca Rasmussen. Presented by Matt Ence, City Attorney.
9. Consider approval of Preliminary Plat for Pioneer Parkway Subdivision located South of Pioneer Parkway on Sandy Cove Drive. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
10. Consider approval of Proclamation for Building Safety Month for May 2018. Presented by
Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
A. Mayor / Council Reports
6. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– April 11, 2018 City Council Regular Meeting
– April 11, 2018 City Council Executive Session
– Claims through April 25, 2018
7. Calendar of Events
– May 2, 2018 City Council Work Meeting
– May 09, 2018 City Council Regular Meeting
– May 23, 2018 City Council Regular Meeting
– May 28, 2018 Memorial Day – Offices Closed
8. Executive Session
1. Strategy session to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property.
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 19th day of April 2018 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2018 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 5, 2018.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder