NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday January 24, 2018
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 24th Day of January 2018, in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order:
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Herb Basso
– Opening Comments: Herb Basso
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
B. General Business
1. Presentation regarding funding for a Suicide Prevention Coordinator. Presented by Michael Caine, Clinical Director with SW Behavior Health Center and Kathleen Gubler, Principal at Lava Ridge Elementary.
2. Princess Pageant update. Presented by Monica Bracken.
3. Consideration to amend Title 16, Subdivisions, Chapter 16.24.080: Lot Arrangement. And approve Ordinance 2018-05. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
4. Consider approval of the Santa Clara Municipal Wastewater Planning Program (MWPP)
2018 Annual Report. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
5. Cancel the Feb. 14th Regular City Council Meeting & the Feb. 7th City Council Work
Meeting and schedule a Special Meeting for Feb. 7, 2018 at 5:00 pm. Presented by Chris Shelley, City Recorder.
6. Ratify a decision made by Council on Nov. 8, 2017 City Council Meeting by approving Resolution 2018-01R for the Street Maintenance fee increase to $3.00 & include a 5% Annual Escalator. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, Assistant City Manager.
7. Consider Fee Schedule changes for Cemetery and approve Resolution 2018-02R. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trails Director.
8. Consider Cemetery Size Limits of Burial Monuments and approve Resolution 2018-03R. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trails Director.
9. Consider a Proclamation setting April 14, 2018 as Santa Clara Arbor Day. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trails Director.
Additional Attachments: INVOICE REGISTER 1/17/18
A. Mayor / Council Reports
6. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– Jan. 10, 2017 City Council Meeting Minutes
– Claims through Jan. 24, 2018
7. Calendar of Events
– Feb. 7, 2018 City Council Special Meeting
– Feb. 14, 2018 City Council Meeting Cancelled
– Feb. 28, 2018 City Council Regular Meeting
8. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 18th day of January 2018 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2018 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 5, 2018.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder