NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 10th day of January 2018 in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order:
2. Opening Ceremony
– Pledge of Allegiance: Jarett Waite
– Opening Comments: Jarett Waite
3. Communications and Appearances
4. Working Agenda
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 pm.
1. Public Hearing to receive public input on the proposal to vacate an easement between lots 1 & 2 in Snow Canyon Estates Phase 2; Applicant Kent Frei.
B. General Business
1. Recognize Council Members Ken Sizemore and Jerry Amundsen for their years of service
on the Santa Clara City Council. Presented by Mayor Rosenberg.
2. Swear in New Council Members Ben Shakespeare and Wendell Gubler. By Chris Shelley,
3. Consider Approval for a request to vacate an easement between lots 1 & 2 in Snow Canyon Estates Phase 2; Applicant Kent Frei. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
4. Consider City Council Assignments for 2018. Presented by Mayor Rosenberg.
5. Consider approval of agreement for temporary variance for front yard wall height, Applicant
Jeff Lerner, 1473 Boone Park Lane. Presented by Matt Ence, City Attorney.
6. Consider ratification of City Attorney revisions to South Hills Development Agreement previously approved by City Council on October 4, 2017. Presented by Matt Ence, City Attorney.
7. Consider Amending Title 12, Chapter 12.24, Cemeteries and approve Ordinance 2018-01. Presented by Matt Ence, City Attorney.
8. Consider a proposed sign code amendment to Title 17, Chapter 17.44.130, provision for Temporary signs for Swiss Days and approve Ordinance 2018-02. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
9. Consider a Code Amendment to Title 17, Chapter 17.28.030, fence or wall height measurements standard and approve Ordinance 2018-03. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
10. Consider a Code Amendment to Title 17, Chapter 17.16.020, to allow city staff to approve
a Conditional Use Permit for a 2nd Dwelling Unit in certain R-1-10, R-1-10/RA and RA Zones and approve Ordinance 2018-04. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
11. Consider Approval of a Road Dedication Plat for portions of Santa Clara Drive, Lava Flow Drive and Country Lane. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
12. Consider Developer’s request for asphalt & landscape reimbursements on Rachel Drive north of North Town Road. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
a.Mayor / Council Reports
6. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– Dec. 13, 2017 City Council Meeting Minutes
– Claims through Jan. 10, 2018
7. Calendar of Events
– Jan. 11, 2018 Economic Summit
– Jan. 24, 2018 City Council Regular Meeting
– Feb. 7, 2018 City Council Work Meeting
– Feb. 28, 2018 City Council Regular Meeting
8. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting.
The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 4th day of January 2018 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2017 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 5, 2018.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder