NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday April 12, 2017
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 12th day of April, 2017 in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Call to Order:
- Opening Ceremony
– Pledge of Allegiance: Jarett Waite
– Opening Comments: Jarett Waite
- Communications and Appearances
- Working Agenda
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 pm.
1. The purpose of the Public Hearing is to receive public input and to discuss or take action for a request to amend the Storm Water Impact Fee Study.
B. General Business
2. Introduce Pageant Royalty (Princess, Elleiana Hibibian; 1st attendant, Morgan Radley; 2nd attendant, Lexie Edwards; 3rd attendant, Alyssa Fergason & Pageant Advisor, Monica Bracken.
3. Introduce New Police Sargent and Officer of the Year Nick Tobler. Presented by Chief Flowers.
4. Consider reducing the speed limit on Pioneer Parkway. Presented by Chief Flowers.
6. Request approval of Ordinance 2017-08 to amend the Parks & Trails Regulations in Chapter 12.20 of the Santa Clara City Code Book. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trails Director.
Attachments: Staff Report; Chapter 12.20; Ordinance 2017-08;
7. Request approval of Bella Sol Ph. 6 Final Plat for a 17 lot Subdivision located on the east side of Rachel Drive and North of North Town Road. Presented by Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
Attachments: Staff Report; Bella Sol Phase 6, Page 1 of Final Plat; Bella Sol Phase 6, Page 2 of Final Plat; Planning Commission Minutes;
8. Request approval for Black Hawk Townhomes, Ph. 2 located on Tuscany Dr. and just west of Gubler Park. Presented by Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
Attachments: Staff Report; Blackhawk Final Plat; Planning Commission Minutes;
9. Consider approval of a Zone Change Request from R-1-10 to Historic/Mixed Use Zone on 0.45 acres located at 2720 Santa Clara Drive and approve Ordinance 2017-06. (Applicant Sam Edwards). Presented by Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
Attachments: Staff Report; Ordinance 2017-06; Site Plan; Photo 1; Photo 2; Photo 3; Photo 4; Planning Commission Minutes;
11. Consider a proposed Zoning Code Amendment to Section 17.66.040 “General Requirements”, Dealing with the front setback in the Commercial Zone to allow the PC discretion to reduce the Front setback to encourage a more walkable commercial environment and approve Ordinance 2017-05. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
Attachments: Staff Report; Ordinance 2017-05; Planning Commission Minutes;
12. Consider a proposed code amendment dealing with the front setback to a garage to require a Minimum 20’ driveway length from the public sidewalk to the garage to provide for sidewalks unobstructed by vehicles parked in the driveway and approve Ordinance 2017-07. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
Attachments: Staff Report; Ordinance 2017-07; Proposed Zoning Amendment;
a. Mayor / Council Reports
- Approval of Claims and Minutes
– Mar. 8, 2017 City Council Regular Meeting
– Mar. 22, 2017 City Council Regular Meeting
– Mar. 22, 2017 Executive Session
– April 5, 2017 City Council Work Meeting
– Claims through April 12, 2017
- Calendar of Events
– April 26, 2017 City Council Regular Meeting
– May 3, 2017 City Council Work Meeting
- Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting.
The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 6th day of April 2017 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2016 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 5, 2017.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder