NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, September 9, 2020
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 9th day of September 2020 in the City Council Chambers of the Town Hall at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara Utah. which meeting will begin at 5:00 PM. The Meeting will be available to view live on the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC xLBLm30 – XLqM1AEmhpcMA
The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Denny Drake
– Opening Comments: Denny Drake
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– Aug. 26, 2020 Regular City Council Minutes
– Sept. 2, 2020 City Council Work Meeting Minutes
– Claims through September 9, 2020
2. Approve the Santa Clara City SWMPP (Storm Water Management Program Plan) and approve Resolution 2020-14R. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director
3. Approve Bid to update the Council Chambers and upstairs Conference Room.
4. Approve Service Agreement to transcribe minutes for City Council Meetings.
6. Calendar of Events
– Sept. 23, 2020 Regular City Council Meeting
– Oct. 7, 2020 City Council Work Meeting
– Oct. 14, 2020 Regular City Council Meeting
– Oct. 27, 2020 Regular City Council Meeting
C. General Business:
1. Consider approval to update the Santa Clara City Code, Title 2, Chapter 2.08.010 “Compensation and Salaries” and approve Ordinance 2020-12. Presented by Brock
Jacobsen, City Manager/Chris Shelley, City Recorder.
2. Consider approval of Fireworks Contract. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, City Manager.
a. Mayor / Council Reports:
8. Executive Session:
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 3rd day of September 2020 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on
the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2020 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 1, 2020.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder