NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, August 26, 2020
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 26th Day of August 2020 which meeting will begin at 5:00 PM. The Meeting will be available to view live steam on the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLBLm30-XLqM1AEmhpcMA
1. Call to Order:
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Jarett Waite
– Opening Comments: Jarett Waite
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– August 12, 2020 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes
– Claims through August 26, 2020.
2. Calendar of Events
– Sept. 2, 2020 City Council Work Meeting
– Sept.9, 2020 Regular City Council Meeting
– Sept. 23, 2020 Regular City Council Meeting
C. General Business:
1. Consider approval of a Proclamation setting Sept. 17-23, 2020 as Constitution Week.
2. Consider approval of amendment to Title 12, Section 12.24.090 “Burial Hours” and approve Ordinance 2020-09. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trails Director.
3. Consider approval of building location for Buck’s Ace Hardware, applicant request to locate the building in the southwest corner of his lot. Buck Hurst, Applicant. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner/Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
4. Consider approval of Landscape strip width of 10’ along both street frontages, i.e., Pioneer Parkway and Rachel Drive for Buck’s Ace Hardware. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner/Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
5. Consider approval for parking reduction to 74 spaces based on the projected parking demand and experience relayed by the applicant for other stores in St. George and Hurricane for Buck’s Ace Hardware located on the southwest corner of the intersection of Rachel Drive and Pioneer Parkway. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner/Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
6. Consider an amendment on the Final Plat for Ocotillo Springs Phase 1, located south of North Town Rd. and east of 400 East Street. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner/Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
7. Consider approval of a Final Plat for Sycamores at Santa Clara Phase 1C, located south of the Santa Clara River and east of Gates Lane. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner/Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
8. Consider approval of amendment to the Santa Clara City Code, Title 13, Section 13.24 Storm Water Low Impact Development Standards (LID) and approve Ordinance 2020-11. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
9. Consider approval for adoption of Dixie Storm Water Coalition Low-Impact Development (LID) Application Guidance for Santa Clara City. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
a. Mayor / Council Reports
7. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 20th day of August 2020 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the
Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2020 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 1, 2020.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder