NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 11th day of March 2020 in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order
2. Opening Ceremony
– Pledge of Allegiance: Wendell Gubler
– Opening Comments: Wendell Gubler
3. Communications and Appearances
4. Conflicts and Disclosures
5. Working Agenda
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
1. Public Hearing to discuss and receive public input on an amendment to the Santa Clara City Street Impact Fees.
2. Public Hearing to discuss and receive public input for a request from St. George City and Dean Terry to transfer 1.6 acres to St. George City in the area along the canal on the south side of Sunset Blvd. across from the intersection with Tuweap Drive.
B. Consent Agenda:
C. General Business:
1. Consider approval of amendment to the Santa Clara City Street Impact Fees as presented and approve Resolution 2020-04R. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
2. Consider Approval of the Central – St. George 138KV Transmission Project Participants Resolution 2020-03R. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
3. Consider Approval of the site plan and building elevation drawings for a Dollar Tree Store in a Planned Development Commercial Zone located on the southwest corner of the intersection of Rachel Drive and Pioneer Parkway. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner/Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
4. Consider approval of Ordinance 2020-04 finalizing the St. George City and Dean Terry transfer of 1.6 acres to St. George City in the area along the canal on the south side of Sunset Blvd. across from the intersection with Tuweap Drive. Presented Bob Nicholson, City Planner/Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
5. Consider approval of the Swiss Pioneer Memorial Park playground bid. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trails Director.
6. Public Safety Impact Fee Discussion and possibly set Public Hearing for March 25, 2020 at 5:00 pm. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, City Manager.
7. Consider donation for the Harmons Best Dam Bike Ride Fundraiser. (Rider, Frank Lundquist, VP of Store Development). Presented by Brock Jacobsen, City Manager.
A. Mayor /Council Reports
7. Approval of Claims and Minutes:
– Feb. 26, 2020 City Council Reg. Meeting Minutes
– Feb. 26, 2020 Executive Session Minutes
– Mar. 4, 2020 City Council Work Meeting Minutes
– Claims through Mar. 11, 2020
8. Calendar of Events:
– Mar. 25, 2020 Reg. City Council Meeting
– April 1, 2020 City Council Work Meeting
– April 8, 2020 Reg. City Council Meeting
– April 22, 2020 Reg. City Council Meeting
9. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 4th day of Mar. 2020 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2020 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 1, 2020.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder