NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
Wednesday November 18, 2020
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Special Meeting on the 18th day of November 2020, in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The Meeting will be available to view live steam on the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLBLm30-XLqM1AEmhpcMA. Council Chambers will be available to residents, but we will have limited availability and follow Covid-19 guidelines.
1. Call to Order
2. Opening Ceremony
– Pledge of Allegiance: Jarett Waite
– Opening Comments: Jarett Waite
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Consent Agenda:
1. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– Oct. 28, 2020 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes
– Nov. 4, 2020 Work Meeting Minutes
2. Calendar of Events
– Nov. 25, 2020 Regular City Council Meeting (Cancelled)
– Nov. 26, 2020 Thanksgiving Day
– Nov. 26 & 27, 2020 Offices Closed
– Dec. 2, 2020 City Council Work Meeting
3. Desert Village Townhomes Ph.1 Final Plat approval.
B. General Business:
1. Consider a zone change request from Residential R-1-10 and Residential Agricultural to Planned Development Residential. On 5.43 acres generally located east of Gates Lane and
south of Santa Clara Drive. The rezone along with a requested Conditional Use Permit would allow for a proposed Assisted Living Facility and approve Ordinance 2020-15. Applicant Kyle Hafen, Patrick Manning, & Anthony Jeffers. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner/Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
2. Consider an amended Planned Development Residential zone and Project Plan for a proposed residential development (Regal Living) on 19.46 acres in the Black Desert Project located north of Pioneer Parkway and generally east of Red Mountain Drive and consider a request for a conditional use permit for short-term (vacation) rentals for the proposed dwelling and approve Ordinance 2020-16. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner/Cory Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
3. Consider approval of state required Affordable Housing Report. Presented by Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
4. Consider approval of a Project Plan for a proposed Mo’ Bettahs restaurant and Swig drive through in a Planned Development Commercial Zone located approximately at 3510 Pioneer Parkway in front of Harmons store. The project consists of the site plan and building elevation drawings. Applicant, Kristen Voros. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner/Corey Bundy, Building & Zoning Official.
5. Consider approval of Resolution 2020-17R for the Steel Solar Project to cover some power resources we are losing and to approve the Steel Solar Firm Power Supply Agreement.
Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
6. Audit Update. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, City Manager.
7. Quarterly Financials. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, City Manager.
8. Safe Southern Utah Pledge. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, City Manager.
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. Zoom Meeting Participants: Participants on the Zoom call are limited to City Staff, Council Members, and applicants on the Agenda. Email calendar invitations will be sent out in advance of the meeting. Instructions for each meeting will include the meeting link, ID, and password to join. When joining the meeting your screen name must show your Full Name. Each applicant will be accepted into the meeting when their item is up for discussion. Submissions from this form will be sent directly to the City. Please contact Chris Shelley at
(435) 673-6712 Ext. 203 with any questions regarding Public meetings. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 16th day of November 2020 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2018 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 1, 2020.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder