NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 10th day of November 2021 in the City Council Chambers of the Town Hall at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara
Utah. which meeting will begin at 5:00 PM. The Meeting will be available to view live on the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLBLm30_XLqM1AEmhpcMA Council Chambers will be available to residents, but we will have limited availability and follow Covid-19 guidelines.
1.Call to Order
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Ben Shakespeare
– Opening Comments: Ben Shakespeare
3. Conflicts and Disclosures:
4. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
1. Public Hearing to receive Public Input regarding a Power Rate Increase.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– Oct. 27, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes
– Oct. 27, 2021 Executive Session Minutes
– Nov. 3 2021 City Council Work Meeting
– Claims through Nov. 10, 2021
2. Calendar of Events
– Nov. 24, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting Canceled
– Nov. 25, 2021 Thanksgiving Day (Offices Closed)
– Nov. 26, 2021 Day after Thanksgiving (Offices Closed)
– Dec. 1, 2021 City Council Work Meeting
C. General Business:
1. Election Canvass. Presented by Melanie Alplanalp,Washington Co. Election Clerk.
2. Consider approval of the UAMPS Risk Management Policy. Presented by Gary Hall, Power Director.
3. Consider Approval of a Mutual Aid Agreement between electrical utilities. Presented by Gary Hall, Power Director.
4. Consider Approval of Power Rate Increase and approve Resolution 2021-10. Presented by Gary Hall, Power Director.
5. Consider Approving a Fiber Communication Service and Acquisition Contract with UIA and Approve Resolution 2021-13R. Presented by Jarett Waite, Councilman.
6. Award bid for Hassell Substation upgrade and SCADA system to Eaton Corporation for the amount of $169,336.00. Presented by Gary Hall, Power Director.
A. Mayor / Council Reports:
7. Executive Session:
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. Zoom Meeting Participants: Participants on the Zoom call are limited to City Staff, Council Members, and applicants on the agenda. Email calendar invitations will be sent out in advance of the meeting. Instructions for each meeting will include the meeting link, ID, and password to join. When joining the meeting your screen name must show your Full Name. Each applicant will be accepted into the meeting when their item is up for discussion. Submissions from this form will be sent directly to the city. Please contact Chris Shelley at (435) 673-6712 Ext. 203 with any questions regarding public meetings. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 4th day of Nov. 2021 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2020 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 1, 2021.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PUBLIC HEARING TO DISCUSS POWER RATE INCREASE
The Santa Clara City Council will hold a Public Hearing at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday November 10, 2021. in the City Council Chambers of the Town Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Dr. Santa Clara, UT. 84765.
The purpose of the Public Hearings is to receive public input regarding: A power rate increase.
Citizens of Santa Clara are encouraged to attend the hearing where they will be given the opportunity to express any concerns they may have with the proposed action.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary Communicative aids and services) during this hearing should notify the City Recorder, Chris Shelley at 673-6712 ext.203 at least 24 hours prior to the hearing.
CHRIS SHELLEY, City Recorder