NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 13th day of October 2021 in the City Council Chambers of the Town Hall at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara Utah. which meeting will begin at 5:00 PM. The Meeting will be available to view live on the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLBLm30_XLqM1AEmhpcMA Council Chambers will be available to residents, but we will have limited availability and follow Covid-19 guidelines.
1.Call to Order
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Denny Drake
– Opening Comments: Denny Drake
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– Sept. 22, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes
– Oct. 6 2021 City Council Work Meeting
– Claims through Oct. 13, 2021
2. Calendar of Events
– Sept. 27, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting
– Nov. 3, 2021 City Council Work Meeting
– Nov. 10, Regular City Counci Meeting
3. Consider approving a Proclamation setting the month of November as National American Indian Heritage Month.
4. Cancel the Nov. 24, 2021 City Council Meeting.
C. General Business:
1. Consider approving a Proclamation setting October 2021 as Domestic ViolenceAwareness Month. Presented by Linsey Boyer, Executive Director, Dove Center.
2. Discussion and consideration to approve the Encroachment and Indemnification Agreement between Santa Clara City and Mark Sanders. Presented by Matt Ence, City
3. Consider approval of a Preliminary Plat for the Point at Santa Clara on 23.6 acres generally located on the north side of Pioneer Parkway and just west of the Entrada development. Presented by Jim McNulty, City Planner.
A. Mayor / Council Reports:
7. Executive Session:
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. Zoom Meeting Participants: Participants on the Zoom call are limited to City Staff, Council Members, and applicants on the agenda. Email calendar invitations will be sent out in advance of the meeting. Instructions for each meeting will include the meeting link, ID, and password to join. When joining the meeting your screen name must show your Full Name. Each applicant will be accepted into the meeting when their item is up for discussion. Submissions from this form will be sent directly to the city. Please contact Chris Shelley at
(435) 673-6712 Ext. 203 with any questions regarding public meetings. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 7th day of October 2021 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2020 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 1, 2021.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder