NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 11th day of August 2021 in the City Council Chambers of the Town Hall at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara Utah. which meeting will begin at 5:00 PM. The Meeting will be available to view live on the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_xLBLm30-XLqM1AEmhpcMA. Council Chambers will be available to residents, but we will have limited availability and follow Covid- 19 guidelines.
“4:00 pm. – Council will take a tour of the Rachel Drive Fire Station Remodel then return to City Hall for the Regular Meeting at 5:00pm.”
1. Call to Order
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Denny Drake
– Opening Comments: Denny Drake
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– July 28, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes
– Aug. 4, 2021 City Council Work Meeting Minutes
– Claims through Aug. 11, 2021
2. Calendar of Events
– Aug. 25, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting
– Sept. 1, 2021 City Council Work Meeting
– Sept. 8, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting
3. Set a Public Hearing to receive public comment on the issuance and sale of not more than $2,600,000 aggregate principal amount of Electric Revenue Bonds for September 8, at 5:05 pm.
C. General Business:
1. Consider approving Resolution 2021-12R, authorizing the issuance and sale of not more than $2,600,000 aggregate principal amount of electric revenue bonds, series
2021BB for the purchase of a 4th generator. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, City Manager.
2. Consider approving the Black Desert Development Agreement. Presented by Matt Ence, City Attorney
3. Consider increasing the Carbon Free Power Sales Contract by 2 Mega Watts. Presented by Gary Hall, Power Director.
4. Consider approving the reconfiguration of Santa Clara Drive and Gates Lane to add a left turning lane. Presented by Dustin Mouritsen, Public Works Director.
A. Mayor / Council Reports:
7. Executive Session:
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. Zoom Meeting Participants: Participants on the Zoom call are limited to City Staff, Council Members, and applicants on the agenda. Email calendar invitations will be sent out in advance of the meeting. Instructions for each meeting will include the meeting link, ID, and password to join. When joining the meeting your screen name must show your Full Name. Each applicant will be accepted into the meeting when their item is up for discussion. Submissions from this form will be sent directly to the city. Please contact Chris Shelley at
(435) 673-6712 Ext. 203 with any questions regarding public meetings. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 5th day of August 2021 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2020 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 1, 2021.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PUBLIC HEARING TO DISCUSS A POWER RATE INCREASE
The Santa Clara City Council will hold a Public Hearing at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday August 11, 2021 in the City Council Chamber of the Town Hall at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, UT. 84765. The purpose of the hearing is to discuss or take action regarding a Power Rate Increase. Citizens of Santa Clara are encouraged to attend the hearing where they will be given the opportunity to express any concerns they may have with this proposed action.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this hearing should notify City Recorder Chris Shelley at 673-6712 at least 24 hours prior to the hearing. CHRIS SHELLEY, City Recorder