- Download 28
- File Size 22.58 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date September 7, 2021
- Last Updated September 8, 2021
09-08-2021 | City Council Packet
NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 8th day of September 2021 in the City Council Chambers of the Town Hall at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara Utah. which meeting will begin at 5:00 PM. The Meeting will be available to view live on the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLBLm30_XLqM1AEmhpcMA Council Chambers will be available to residents, but we will have limited availability and follow Covid- 19 guidelines.
1. Call to Order
2. Opening Ceremony:
- Pledge of Allegiance: Ben Shakespeare
- Opening Comments: Ben Shakespeare
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
1. Public Hearing regarding the issuance and sale of not more than $2,600,000 Aggregate Principal amount of Electric Revenue Bonds, Series2021 and any potential economic impact that the project to be financed with the proceeds of the bonds issued under the act may have on the private sector and related matters.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Approval of Claims and Minutes
- Aug. 25, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes
- Sept. 1, 2021 City Council Work Meeting
- Claims through Sept. 8, 2021
2. Calendar of Events
- Sept. 22, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting
- Oct. 6, 2021 City Council Work Meeting
- Oct. 13, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting
3. Consider approval of a Proclamation setting September 17 – 23, 2021 as Constitution Week.
C. General Business:
1. Consider adoption of a Temporary Land Use Ordinance 2021-11 to require water efficient landscaping on all new development, pending the adoption of a permanent ordinance, in response to servere drought conditions in the southern Utah area.
2. Consider an amendment to the Santa Clara City Zoning Ordinance to amend Section 17.68.50:C to exempt affordable housing projects from the 30-unit apartment limit in
the Planned Development Residential Zone and approve Ordinance 2021-12. Presented by Bob Nicholson / Jim McNulty, City Planners.
3. Consider a zone change from Residential R-1-10 to Planned Development Residential for Deserts Edge project on 20.7 acres located east of 400 East and north
of North Town Road and approve Ordinance 2021-13. The subject property abuts Ivins City to the west and to the north. Robert Smith Applicant. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
A. Mayor / Council Reports:
7. Executive Session:
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. Zoom Meeting Participants: Participants on the Zoom call are limited to City Staff, Council Members, and applicants on the agenda. Email calendar invitations will be sent out in advance of the meeting. Instructions for each meeting will include the meeting link, ID, and password to join. When joining the meeting your screen name must show your Full Name. Each applicant will be accepted into the meeting when their item is up for discussion. Submissions from this form will be sent directly to the city. Please contact Chris Shelley at (435) 673-6712 Ext. 203 with any questions regarding public meetings. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 3rd day of September 2021 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2020 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 1, 2021.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder