NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Time: 5:00 p.m.
Public Notice is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting in the City Council Chambers, located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah on Wednesday May 25, 2022 commencing at 5:00 PM. The meeting will be broadcast via You Tube linked on our website at https://sccity.org/meetings.
1. Call to Order:
2. Opening Ceremony:
- Pledge of Allegiance: Ben Shakespeare
- Opening Comments: Ben Shakespeare
3. Conflicts and Disclosures:
4. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
1. Public Hearing to receive public input regarding the FY2022-2023 Tentative Budget.
2. Public Hearing to receive public input regarding Wastewater System Update & Impact Fee Analysis.
3. Public Hearing to receive public input regarding Power Capital Facilities Plan & Impact Fee Analysis.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Approval of Claims and Minutes
- May 11, 2022 Regular City Council Mtg. Minutes
- Claims through May 25, 2022
2. Calendar of Events
- June 1, 2022 City Council Work Meeting
- June 8, 2022 Regular City Council Meeting
- June 22, 2022Regular City Council Meeting
3. Set a Public Hearing to receive public input regarding Regional Wastewater Rate Increase for June 8, 2022.
4. Set Public Hearing to receive public input regarding the FY 2023 Final Budget for June 8, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
C. General Business:
1. Consider approval of the FY 2022-2023 Tentative Budget. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, City Manager.
2. Consider approval of the Wastewater System Update and Impact Fee Analysis. Presented by Dustin Mouritsen, Public Works Director.
3. Consider approval of the Power Capital Facilities Plan and Impact Fee Analysis. Presented by Gary Hall, Power Director.
4. Consider rezoning property at 2620 Santa Clara Drive from Historic District/Residential Zone to Historic District/Mixed Use Zone to allow for a retail business use. The property is approximately 0.95 acres in size. Presented by Jim McNulty, City Planner.
5. Consider a Proposed Planned Development Commercial PDC Zone Amendment and Project Site Plan. Applicant, Rick Schofield, is proposing to develop the site to include a 4,000 square Foot retail building. It is located on the corner of Santa Clara Drive and Country Lane. The Property is approximately 0.76 acres in size. Presented by Jim McNulty, City Planner.
6. Discussion regarding Will Serve Letters from the Washington County Water Conservancy District. Presented by Mayor Rosenberg.
A. Mayor / Council Reports
7. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. Zoom Meeting Participants: Participants on the Zoom call are limited to City Staff, Council Members, and applicants on the Agenda. Email calendar invitations will be sent out in advance of the meeting. Instructions for each meeting will include the meeting link, ID, and password to join. When joining the meeting your screen name must show your Full Name. Each applicant will be accepted into the meeting when their item is up for discussion. Submissions from this form will be sent directly to the City. Please contact Chris Shelley at (435) 673-6712 Ext. 203 with any questions regarding Public meetings.
The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 19th day of May 2022 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2021 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 12, 2022
Chris Shelley – City Recorder
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PUBLIC HEARING TO DISCUSS THE SANTA CLARA CITY FY 2022-2023 TENTATIVE BUDGET
The Santa Clara City Council will hold a Public Hearing at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday May 25, 2022. in the City Council Chambers of the Town Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Dr. Santa Clara, UT. 84765.
The purpose of the Public Hearings is to receive public input regarding the FY 2022-2023 Tentative Budget.
Citizens of Santa Clara are encouraged to attend the hearing where they will be given the opportunity to express any concerns they may have with the proposed action. In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary Communicative aids and services) during this hearing should notify the City Recorder, Chris Shelley at 673-6712 ext.203 at least 24 hours prior to the hearing.
CHRIS SHELLEY, City Recorder