|01-12-2022 City Council Video||Download|
|01-12-2022 City Council Packet||Download|
|01-12-2022 City Council Minutes||Download|
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
January 12, 2022 @ 5:00 PM
2603 Santa Clara Drive
Santa Clara, Utah 84765
Phone: (435) 673-6712
Public Notice is hereby given that the Planning Commission of the City of Santa Clara, Washington County, Utah, will hold a City Council meeting in the City Council Chambers, 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, on Thursday, January 12, 2022, commencing at 5:00 PM. The meeting will be
broadcasted via YouTube linked on our website at https://sccity.org/meetings.
1. Call to Order
2. Opening Ceremony:
- Pledge of Allegiance: Christa Hinton
- Opening Comments: Christa Hinton
3. Conflicts and Disclosures:
4. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
1. Public Hearing to discuss and receive public comment regarding approval of a Single Event Beer Permit for the True Grit Epic Race. Applicant Ryan Miller.
2. Public Hearing to discuss and receive public comment regarding approval of a Firearm Restriction in Santa Clara City Limits.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Approval of Claims and Minutes
- Dec. 8, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes
- Dec. 8, 2021 Executive Session Minutes
- Jan. 5, 2022 City Council Work Meeting Minutes
- Claims through Jan. 12, 2022
2. Calendar of Events
- Jan 17, 2022 Martin Luther King Day – Offices Closed
- Jan. 26, 2022 Regular City Council Meeting
- Feb. 2, 2022 City Council Work Meeting
- Feb. 9, 2022 Regular City Council Meeting3. Consider approval of the 2022 Council & City Manager Assignments.
C. General Business:
1. Consider approval of a Single Event Beer Permit for the True Grit Epic Race -Ryan Miller, Applicant. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trails Director.
2. Consider approving Ordinance 2022-01 A Firearm Restriction for Santa Clara City. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trails Director.
3. Consider a proposed code amendment to the Santa Clara City Zoning Ordinance, Chapter 17.28, Requirements for Walls, and Fences and approve Ordinance 2022-02. Presented by Jim McNulty, City Planner.
4. Consider approval of the 2022 Budget Calendar. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, City Manager.
5. Appoint the Santa Clara City Mayor Pro-Tem.
6. Power Cost Adjustment (PCA) discussion. Presented by Gary Hall, Power Director.
7. Set Public hearing to receive public input regarding the Power Cost Adjustment (PCA) for Jan. 26, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
8. Consider amending a PDR Zone for Regal Homes at Black Desert and approve Ordinance 2022-03. Dade Rose, Applicant. Presented by Jim McNulty, City Planner
A. Mayor / Council Reports:
6. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. Zoom Meeting Participants: Participants on the Zoom call are limited to City Staff, Council Members, and applicants on the agenda. Email calendar invitations will be sent out in advance of the meeting. Instructions for each meeting will include the meeting link, ID, and password to join. When joining the meeting your screen name must show your Full Name. Each applicant will be accepted into the meeting when their item is up for discussion. Submissions from this form will be sent directly to the city. Please contact Chris Shelley at
(435) 673-6712 Ext. 203 with any questions regarding public meetings. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 6th day of Jan. 2022 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2022 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 6, 2022.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder