NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Time: 5:00 p.m.
Public Notice is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting in the City Council Chambers, located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah on Wednesday May 11, 2022, commencing at 5:00 PM. The meeting will be broadcast via You Tube linked on our website at https://sccity.org/meetings.
1. Call to Order
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Jarett Waite
– Opening Comments: Jarett Waite
3. Conflicts and Disclosures
4. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– April.27, 2022 Regular City Council Meeting Minutes
– April 27, 2022 Executive Session Minutes
– May 4, 2022 City Council Work Meeting Minutes
– Claims through May 11, 2022
2. Calendar of Events
– May 25, 2022 Regular City Council Meeting
– May 30, 2022 Memorial Day – Offices Closed
– June 1, 2022 City Council Work Meeting
– June 8, 2022 Regular City Council Meeting
3. Set Public Hearing to receive public input regarding Wastewater System Update & Impact Fee Analysis for May 25, 2022 at 5:05 pm.
4. Set Public Hearing to receive public input regarding Power Capital Facilities Plan & Impact Fee Analysis for May 25, 2022 at 5:05 pm.
C. General Business:
1. Introduction of New Employees.
2. Consider approval of Ordinance 2022-09 an Ordinance amending Chapter 17.16 “Land Use Authority”. Presented by Jim McNulty, City Planner
3. Consider approval of Ordinance 2022-07, an Ordinance amending the Santa Clara City Personnel Policy Manual to add Juneteenth Holiday to the Holiday List. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, City Manager.
4. Approval of the Utopia Interlocal Agreement. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, City Manager.
5. Approval of Dog Park Lease. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, City Manager.
6. Discussion regarding the Santa Clara Justice Court. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, City Manager.
A. Mayor / Council Reports:
6. Executive Session:
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should
notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council
Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting.
Zoom Meeting Participants: Participants on the Zoom call are limited to City Staff, Council Members, and applicants on the agenda. Email
calendar invitations will be sent out in advance of the meeting. Instructions for each meeting will include the meeting link, ID, and
password to join. When joining the meeting your screen name must show your Full Name. Each applicant will be accepted into the
meeting when their item is up for discussion. Please contact Chris Shelley at (435) 673-6712 Ext. 203 with any questions regarding public meetings. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 5th day of May 2022 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the
Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2022 meeting schedule was also provided to the
Spectrum on January 6, 2022.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder