NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Time: 5:00 p.m.
Public Notice is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting in the City Council Chambers, located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah on Wednesday April 27, 2022 commencing at 5:00 PM. The meeting will be broadcast via You Tube linked on our website at https://sccity.org/meetings.
1. Call to Order:
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Denny Drake
– Opening Comments: Denny Drake
3. Conflicts and Disclosures:
4. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– April 13, 2022 Regular City Council Mtg. Minutes
– April 13, 2022 Executive Session Minutes
– Claims through April 27, 2022
2. Calendar of Events
– May 4, 2022 City Council Work Meeting
– May 11, 2022 Regular City Council Meeting
– May 25, 2022 Regular City Council Meeting
3. Set Public Hearing to receive public input regarding the FY 2022-2023 Tentative Budget for May 25, 2022 at 5pm.
C. General Business:
1. Justice Court Discussion. James Peters, AOC – Justice Court Administrator. Presented by Scott Bannon, Assistant City Manager.
2. Discussion regarding stats and strategies for the future. Presented by Bob Flowers, Police Chief.
3. Consider approval of the UIA (Utopia) hut location easements. Presented by Matt Ence, City Atttorney.
4. Discussion regarding Title 17, Chapter 17.16 Land Use Authority. Presented by Jim McNulty, City Planner.
A. Mayor / Council Reports
7. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. Zoom Meeting Participants: Participants on the Zoom call are limited to City Staff, Council Members, and applicants on the Agenda. Email calendar invitations will be sent out in advance of the meeting. Instructions for each meeting will include the meeting link, ID, and password to join. When joining the meeting your screen name must show your Full Name. Each applicant will be accepted into the meeting when their item is up for discussion. Please contact Chris Shelley at (435) 673-6712 Ext. 203 with any questions regarding Public meetings. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 21st day of April 2022 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2021 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 12, 2022.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder