NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 24th Day of March 2021 which meeting will begin at 5:00 PM.
The Meeting will be available to view live steam on the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_xLBLm30-XLqM1AEmhpcMA. Council Chambers will be available to residents, but we will have limited availability and follow Covid-19 guidelines.
1. Call to Order:
2. Opening Ceremony:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Wendell Gubler
– Opening Comments: Wendell Gubler
3. Communications and Appearances:
4. Conflicts and Disclosures:
5. Working Agenda:
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 p.m.
1. Public Hearing to receive public input regarding shooting in the South Hills.
B. Consent Agenda:
1. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– Mar. 10, 2021 Santa Clara City Regular City Council Meeting Minutes
– Claims through Mar. 24, 2021.
2. Calendar of Events
– April. 7, 2021 City Council Work Meeting
– April. 14, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting
– April. 28, 2021 Regular City Council Meeting
C. General Business:
1. Consider Approval of a Proclamation setting April 24, 2021 as Abor Day in Santa Clara City. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trails Director.
2. Discussion regarding Public Open Spaces on Country Lane and Pearl Rose.
3. Discussion regarding shooting in the South Hills
4. Consider approval the Environmental Assessment for the proposed 270 Acre Shooting Range. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trails Director.
a. Mayor / Council Reports
7. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting. Zoom Meeting Participants: Participants on the Zoom call are limited to City Staff, Council Members, and applicants on the Agenda. Email calendar invitations will be sent out in advance of the meeting. Instructions for each meeting will include the meeting link, ID, and password to join. When joining the meeting your screen name must show your Full Name. Each applicant will be accepted into the meeting when their item is up for discussion. Submissions from this form will be sent directly to the City. Please contact Chris Shelley at (435) 673-6712 Ext. 203 with any questions regarding Public meetings. The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 18th day of March 2021 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at https://www.sccity.org. The 2021 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 1, 2021.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS
PUBLIC HEARINGS TO DISCUSS SHOOTING IN THE SOUTH HILLS
The Santa Clara City Council will hold a Public Hearing at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday March 24, 2021 in the City Council Chambers of the Town Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Dr. Santa Clara, UT. 84765.
The purpose of the Public Hearings is to receive public input regarding: Shooting in the South Hills.
Citizens of Santa Clara are encouraged to attend the hearing where they will be given the opportunity to express any concerns they may have with the proposed action.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary Communicative aids and services) during this hearing should notify the City Recorder, Chris Shelley at 673-6712 ext.203 at least 24 hours prior to the hearing.
CHRIS SHELLEY, City Recorder