Swiss Days 2016
September 22-24th, 2016
Santa Clara’s Annual Swiss Days Celebration is truly a home-town celebration full of history and fun! Santa Clara celebrated its first Swiss Days in 1990 in tribute to the town’s pioneer heritage in which Swiss members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints settled in Santa Clara in 1861.
Swiss Days includes our famous 5k run/walk and pancake breakfast, followed by the always popular Swiss Days Parade heading east on Santa Clara Drive from the Jacob Hamblin home to the City Hall. The parade will showcase the Santa Clara Princess Royalty, antique cars, the Grand Marshal, local businesses and schools, live animals, homemade floats, and everything in between!
The three day festival at Town Hall will also include food and merchandise vendors, continuous entertainment including a free Friday night concert, town and family heritage displays, pioneer craft demonstrations (at Heritage Square), children’s activities, and more. In addition, a Red Rock Car Show will be at Canyon View Park.
- Snow Canyon High Shuttle 3:00-10:00 pm. To/From Snow Canyon High and Main Event site. Click here for map.
- Chapel Street Shuttle 3-6:30 pm. To/From Chapel Street parking, Heritage Square Pioneer Hands-On, and Main Event site
- Snow Canyon High/ Car Show Shuttle 11 am–5:30 pm. To/From Snow Canyon High, Red Rocks Car Show, and Main Event site
- Chapel Street Shuttle 11-5:30 pm. To/From Chapel Street parking and Main Event site
- 5k Shuttle 5:45 am-6:30 am. From Snow Canyon High to start line
Follow the signs to parking lots and catch one of six shuttle vans. Parking lot maps available online and prior to event at City office.
Call 435-673-6712 ext. 201 for more information on parking and shuttle service.
Museum Hours during Swiss Days: Thursday: 5-7 pm; Friday: 2-7 pm; Saturday: 11 am – 4 pm.