NOTICE AND AGENDA
SANTA CLARA CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Time: 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE is hereby given that the Santa Clara City Council will hold a Regular Meeting on the 13th day of December 2017 in the City Hall located at 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara, Utah, which meeting will begin at 5:00 p.m. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1. Call to Order:
2. Opening Ceremony
– Pledge of Allegiance: Tode Hafen
– Opening Comments: Tode Hafen
3. Communications and Appearances
4. Working Agenda
A. Public Hearing(s) 5:00 pm.
B. General Business
1. Audit Presentation. Presented by Steve with Hinton Burdick.
2. Just Serve Presentation. Presented by Brian Tenney.
3. Consider Amending Paradise Village at Zion Phase 2 (2nd Amendment). Merrill Properties, Applicant; Rosenberg Associates-Jared Bates, Representing. Presented by Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
4. Consider a Variance for a lot #15 in Santa Clara Heights K to reduce the street-side set-back on the west (sand Hollow drive) side of the property to be the same as the set-back requirement for non-street sides. (Applicant, Gary & Tawnie Johnson). Presented by
Bob Nicholson, City Planner.
5. Consider approval of Exhibit C to the Transmission Service Agreement for the Central
Central St. George 138 KV Transmission Project Letter
St. George 138KV Transmission Project. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
6. Consider recommendation to approve engineering firm for the Water Impact Fee Facilities
Plan and Impact Fee Analysis. Presented by Jack Taylor, Public Works Director.
7. Approve Assistant Fire Chief and Fire Captain Job Descriptions and Salaries. Presented by Ed
Dickie, City Manager.
8. Presentation of Quarterly Financials and Approval. Presented by Brock Jacobsen, Assistant City Manager.
9. Appoint a Council Member to the Administrative Control Board of Washington County
Special Service District#1 (Solid Waste District) for the 2018 calendar year. Presented by
10. Award Bid to pave Gubler West Parking Lot. Presented by Brad Hays, Parks & Trials
11. Consider Cancelling the December 27, 2017 City Council Meeting. Presented by Chris
Shelley, City Recorder.
12. Consider Approval of the 2018 Public Meetings Notice. Presented by Chris Shelley, City
a. Mayor / Council Reports
6. Approval of Claims and Minutes
– Nov. 8, 2017 City Council Meeting Minutes
– Nov. 8, 2017 Executive Session Minutes
– Nov. 15, 2017 City Council Special Meeting
– Dec. 6, 2017 City Council Work Meeting Minutes
– Claims through Dec. 13, 2017
7. Calendar of Events
– Dec 25, 2017 Christmas Day – Offices Closed
– Dec. 26, 2017 Offices Closed
– Jan. 3, 2017 City Council Work Meeting
– Jan. 10, 2017 City Council Regular Meeting
8. Executive Session
Note: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodation during this meeting should notify the city no later than 24 hours in advance of the meeting by calling 435-673-6712. In accordance with State Statute and Council
Policy, one or more Council Members may be connected via speakerphone or may by two-thirds vote to go into a closed meeting.
The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice and agenda was posted within the Santa Clara City limits on this 7th day of December 2017 at Santa Clara City Hall, on the City Hall Notice Board, at the Santa Clara Post Office, on the Utah State Public Notice Website, and on the City Website at http://www.sccity.org. The 2017 meeting schedule was also provided to the Spectrum on January 5, 2017.
Chris Shelley – City Recorder